What Type of Asbestos Survey Do I Need

There are two types of asbestos survey that can be carried out. These are the Asbestos Refurbishment and Demolition Survey and the Asbestos Management Survey.

If you plan to carry out major works or demolition of part or all of a building then an asbestos refurbishment and demolition survey is the correct survey type. This should be carried out in advance of works starting.

If you require an asbestos survey as you are buying or selling a house or need it for a commercial lease or as part of the sales process for a commercial building then you require an Asbestos Management Survey. If you are managing a residential block or commercial property and need an asbestos register then the asbestos management survey is the correct survey type.

If you are looking to minimise exposure to asbestos in the day to day use of a building or home then this is going to be an asbestos management survey.

If you are not clear which is the correct survey type then we are happy to answer any questions you

have and can be reached on 0208 288 4460 or by email at key@keyasbestos.co.uk.